- All requests for funding must be made using the Mini Grant Application found on the “Apply” tab of this website, under “Grants,” and submitted electronically.
- All funding allocations will start at $2,500 with additional funding available with proper justification.
- The vast majority of this grant funding will be awarded to organizations serving underserved populations and Jersey City neighborhoods.
- All programs/initiatives will be awarded to local organizations that demonstrate the capacity to build coalitions and use best practices to achieve equity across the various social determinants of health.
- All approved requests must be clearly aligned with the HealthierJC mission and vision.
- The Steering Committee reserves the right to make adjustments to the request and/or request amendments based on the discussion generated during grant application review.
- Final decisions for funding will be made by a consensus vote by all active Steering Committee members. (Steering Committee members will be recused from the vote if their organization is the one requesting funding or if there is a perceived conflict of interest.)
- Any funding request that includes staff time must clearly justify how the time will be used and why that particular staff person is needed (e.g. it should not be for something that could be reasonably done by volunteers).
- Organizations who acquire funding via the HealthierJC Partnership must complete funded programs by September 30th, 2023.
- All Mini Grantees, will be required to submit a Final Grant Report due no later than October 15th, 2023.
- Non-profits with a budget of one million dollars or more are not eligible.
- Any CBO that has received grant and/or event sponsorship funding from HealthierJC in this calendar year.
- Any prior grantee that failed to provide prior 2019 grant reporting by deadline is ineligible for this round of funding.
- Any CBO that failed to honor prior event sponsorship funding agreements with HHS.
- See FAQs for more information.
How To Apply
In order to Apply for a Grant, you MUST be a registered HealthierJC Partner! (Return to the Overview Page to sign up or login as a partner)
1/ Go to the “Apply” tab to access the grant application or click here: https://healthierjc.com/grants-apply/
NOTE: Complete all fields on the application. Be sure to press “Submit” upon completion.
2/ Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email from Carmen Rodriguez-Schneider email@example.com in the HHS Directors Office, with required financial documents requiring your completion. Please look out for this email, as you will need to respond within 3 business days to complete mini grant eligibility requirements.
*Applications over $5,000 will need additional compliance paperwork and processes.